Fire Safety Tips
There are over 365,000 fires and 2,650 civilian deaths every year, resulting in $7 billion in property damage. US fire departments respond to a fire every 86 seconds. That is over 1,000 fires a day.
Unattended cooking is the leading cause of house fires, followed by heating equipment, electrical malfunction, intentional fires or smoking materials.
Here are some simple fire safety tips to keep you and your family safe:
- Install and maintain fire alarms on every floor in your home and within bedrooms
- Never leave food cooking unattended
- Avoid using portable and fixed space heaters
- Teach kids how to stop, drop, and roll
- Create a fire plan with your family to escape in case of a fire
If you have fire damage to your home or business call SERVPRO of Piscataway at 732-752-4445.