Burst Pipes in the Winter
SERVPRO of Piscataway uses technology to locate ceiling leaks and moisture before professional water damage restoration.
Whether caused by a leaking roof from storms or worn appliance hoses and cracked plumbing lines, required water damage remediation in Piscataway can sneak up on homeowners. Moisture moves unseen along framing and behind walls.
Does the Location of the Leaks Matter?
Unresolved water damage repairs in Piscataway risk secondary harm to building materials and can create the need for basement mold remediation or attic mold removal.
Here are some places to check for trapped moisture:
- Collecting under cabinetry due to burst pipes or worn dishwasher hoses
- Pooling over a ceiling or behind a wall after leaking roofs let water run down rafters
- Causing basement flooding when leaks follow a superhighway to your finished lower living level by washing down wall studs
How Does SERVPRO of Piscataway Find the Trapped Moisture?
We use specialized, state of the art tools which help our technicians pinpoint water sources to focus water damage remediation and drying efforts:
- Moisture Sensors -- affirm water is present
- Moisture meters -- generate data on moisture levels
- Thermo-hygrometers -- measure temperature and relative humidity to monitor drying efforts
- Thermal imaging -- detect cached water for removal behind structures
Contact the well-trained and equipped team at SERVPRO of Piscataway for your water restoration needs. Call (732) 752-4445 - 24/7 to schedule an assessment.